[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
reefphilippines.com • View topic - Where can I buy an Overflow box?

Where can I buy an Overflow box?

Post new fish, coral and invertebrate arrivals in Cartimar and other LFS

Where can I buy an Overflow box?

Postby nikkoabenales » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:55 am

Guys,

I'm a newbie here... Please help me...

I'm looking for an Overflow box for a 35 gal. tank.

Do you guys know where I can buy one?

Thanks! :)
nikkoabenales
reefphilippines member

Re: Where can I buy an Overflow box?

Postby thurrmac » Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:27 am

thurrmac
reefphilippines member

Postby nikkoabenales » Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:52 am

Thanks for that!

But I didn't find one there... My tank is only 35 gals. and the one close to what I'm looking for is for 1000 gals...

But really, I appreciate your help! :D
nikkoabenales
reefphilippines member

Postby phantom » Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:50 pm

you can contact mang Ramon and have him drill your tank, he can also make a custom overflow box for you like the one in the image below. :)

Rimless 16gal 18"x18"x12" : 03.06.09

Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life.Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of other's opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary. -Steve Jobs
phantom
reefphilippines member

Postby nikkoabenales » Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:02 pm

Thanks phantom!

The problem is stocked na yung tank. And nasa province sya. What I'm looking for is the kind that doesn't require drilling.

here's the idea:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3255/238 ... 3d42_o.jpg

thanks!
nikkoabenales
reefphilippines member

Postby phantom » Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:21 pm

I see.

I was in search of a conventional overflow box when I started my nano, was successful but eventually had to reSell it coz it was too big for my tank.

have you seen the

here's how the overflow looks:

HTH
Rimless 16gal 18"x18"x12" : 03.06.09

Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life.Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of other's opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary. -Steve Jobs
phantom
reefphilippines member

Postby Alfalfameister » Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:32 pm

[URL=https://datesnow.life]Real-life Females[/URL]
Alfalfameister
reefphilippines member

Postby nikkoabenales » Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:48 pm

aryt... I've just decided to drill it...

Does it mean it's gonna restart the cycling process?
nikkoabenales
reefphilippines member

Postby thurrmac » Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:02 pm

thurrmac
reefphilippines member

Postby Devicore16 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:18 pm

i love Salt!
Devicore16
reefphilippines member

Postby nikkoabenales » Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:23 am

okay, so I have to do it quickly....
nikkoabenales
reefphilippines member

Postby Alfalfameister » Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:48 am

Two suggestions:

If you are not overly skimping on money, I suggest you get a new 35g tank (or better yet, have Mang Ramon make you one, para you can use 1/4" or even 3/8" glass rather than the 1/8th or 3/16th glass they normally use... heck, baka meron pa si Mang Ramon super clear glass! Kung 3/8th", baka puede pa rimless if that is what you like), and have him deliver it to you drilled (just let him know where you want it drilled, and how you want the drilled overflow configured).

- Transfer all livestock to a holding tank (drums will do), make sure you have an aerator there or a powerhead (best if pointed upward to agitate surface water)
- remove old tank
- install new tank
- put back Live rock, live sand, livestock

And, voila! You now have a new quarantine tank (i.e., the old 35g).

Now, if you are really skimping, it's the same procedure:

- Transfer all livestock to a holding tank (drums will do), make sure you have an aerator there or a powerhead (best if pointed up to agitate surface water)
- drill tank
- put back Live rock, live sand, livestock

I think, since 35g are relatively inexpensive, I would suggest the former. If you had a 75g or larger, then I would suggest the latter...
[URL=https://datesnow.life]Real-life Females[/URL]
Alfalfameister
reefphilippines member

Return to New Items in Cartimar and other LFS