[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
reefphilippines.com • View topic - 9.9 gallons shallow reef

9.9 gallons shallow reef

A forum for people interested in keeping nano tanks

Re: 9.9 gallons shallow reef

Postby seriousreefer911 » Sun May 23, 2010 10:09 pm

@environmentadvocate-thanks!yes sir, i agree that the environment is suffering from global warming and other natural disasters. and i think that man made decorations is nice, but coral fragging and propagation is also nice in order to minimize wild caught specimens and promote marine life protection. the detrimental effects of global warming can no longer be reveresed reefs are bleaching. i think coral propagation is the only way to sustain reefkeeping. and to lessen wild caught specimens :D
75 gallon tank
open reef rockscape
8x t5s
1x .33a DC FAN
1x .14a AC FAN
Skimmerless
Mixed reef(SPS, LPS, Softies)

Bringing a slice of ocean into your home
---------------------------------------------
Royal Sea Aquatics
"Educating one hobbyist at a time"
"Perfection is encouraged, but excellence will be tolerated."
Globe-N/A
Smart-09294488885
Sun-N/A as of the moment
seriousreefer911
reefphilippines member

Postby environmentadvocate » Mon May 24, 2010 6:08 pm

Thanks for being open-minded. Well its nice to hear there's something that is being done to minimize the unbalance marine ecosystem.
environmentadvocate
reefphilippines member

Postby seriousreefer911 » Mon May 24, 2010 8:24 pm

yes sir, because in the end, no corals=dead hobby, that is why i believe propagating corals is a good way to sustain the hobby, and hopefully help the nature in return in the future( by planting corals)
75 gallon tank
open reef rockscape
8x t5s
1x .33a DC FAN
1x .14a AC FAN
Skimmerless

Royal Sea Aquatics
Globe-N/A
Smart-09294488885
Sun-N/A as of the moment
seriousreefer911
reefphilippines member

Postby seriousreefer911 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:31 am

last two weeks the fans of my tank stopped working efficiently as wires that suspend them slided backwards which caused the fans to rest on the wall, which obstructed airflow. and caused detrimental effects on the tank considering the heat contributed by the weather and the metal halides. i didnt notice it until the sps started losing tissue although there were no lps or softies casualties. it was around 34C-35C for 3 days until i realigned the fans. this resulted to the death of a lot of my sps. mostly the smallest frags are the only ones that survived. the bleaching also caused some problems in the water quality and a few days after removing bleached sps, the remaining sps wont expand yet. this was evident for the next few days. any new sps i tried to add, seems to succumb to rtn as well. so i decided to changed around 3 gallons of water every other day until the parameters get better. i also continue to dose vodka to maintain the bacterial population. skimmer is also working very efficiently. and due to the accident i added another fan in the subtank that would be a back up fan incase it happens again. i also fixed the wires that hang them. it took me around a whole week to bring the parameters back. its sad to post this but i should update. it even irritates me whenever i remember that occasion when i lost sps colonies that took me weeks to color up. hehe anyway. sps that i added recently are doing a lot better ,and everything is back to where it should be :) hopefully this will be continuous. i also removed the powerhead(800 lph) which is very inefficient in distributing flow in the tank and placed a seio wavemaker instead (2,600 lph) to help move the water.Image

some new sps. same rockscape a bit different sps stocks and i also removed some sand in the front part. Image
75 gallon tank
open reef rockscape
8x t5s
1x .33a DC FAN
1x .14a AC FAN
Skimmerless

Royal Sea Aquatics
Globe-N/A
Smart-09294488885
Sun-N/A as of the moment
seriousreefer911
reefphilippines member

Postby seriousreefer911 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:38 am

regal was also removed and i had it adopted as it was eating the lps corals after a few weeks. :(
i also started to target feed each sps with sera coraliquid and kent chromamax and im seeing better polyp extension. i stopped dosing calcium because it is already too high. dkh is 8 as of the last test.
no fish yet. hehe
75 gallon tank
open reef rockscape
8x t5s
1x .33a DC FAN
1x .14a AC FAN
Skimmerless

Royal Sea Aquatics
Globe-N/A
Smart-09294488885
Sun-N/A as of the moment
seriousreefer911
reefphilippines member

Postby shandy_say » Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:06 am

Ganda ng bagong sps ah. FTS!
You want to display your LIVESTOCKS and not your LIVE ROCKS!
shandy_say
reefphilippines member

Postby seriousreefer911 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:43 pm

sige dahil request mo post na ako fts ,hahaha, hope everything here grows and encrusts! hehe. Polyp extension right now is outstanding :D

from 1 fan before. it is now a total of 3 220v fans :D hehe and temp is now better than ever , :D
75 gallon tank
open reef rockscape
8x t5s
1x .33a DC FAN
1x .14a AC FAN
Skimmerless

Royal Sea Aquatics
Globe-N/A
Smart-09294488885
Sun-N/A as of the moment
seriousreefer911
reefphilippines member

Postby shandy_say » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:26 am

looks good. Just add small fishes lang! Wag ka na mag angels!
You want to display your LIVESTOCKS and not your LIVE ROCKS!
shandy_say
reefphilippines member

Postby seriousreefer911 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:07 am

hahaha thanks! oo nga di na angels, wala pa ako naiisip na fish eh,haha,siguro 1-2 na very small alng.hehe
75 gallon tank
open reef rockscape
8x t5s
1x .33a DC FAN
1x .14a AC FAN
Skimmerless

Royal Sea Aquatics
Globe-N/A
Smart-09294488885
Sun-N/A as of the moment
seriousreefer911
reefphilippines member

Postby seriousreefer911 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:26 pm

new update! i added a yellow millipora and a green humilis. :D also took some new shots.

top down shots

close ups

pink lemonade acro

wc this week almost 10% every 3 -4 days.
75 gallon tank
open reef rockscape
8x t5s
1x .33a DC FAN
1x .14a AC FAN
Skimmerless

Royal Sea Aquatics