[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
reefphilippines.com • View topic - Rchitect's 25gal Cube

Rchitect's 25gal Cube

Post the details of your tank for everyone to see.

Rchitect's 25gal Cube

Postby rchitect » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:26 am

Hi Reef Philippines,

Like most people on here I have kept freshwater tanks a few years back, then my office colleague convinced me to start looking into reef keeping and introduced me to RP, I was completely blown away by the Member Tanks, then I started reading thread after thread trying to learn as much as I can.

After several months of research and asking around with experienced reefers I then had the self-confidence to get started. I finished my cycling about three weeks ago and I would like to share my humble 25 gal cube tank. All of my inspiration came from my excitement to learn everything I could about these amazing bits of eco-system.

I would gladly appreciate all comments and suggestions. Many thanks.

25gal Display Tank
7gal Sump with Chaeto
Rio HF10 Return Pump with wavemotion head
Resun Wavemaker
Par 38 LED 36W 20,000K
6W Aquazonic LED Clamp Light for Sump

apologies for my photos, mejo amateur pa.

FTS
Sump pic

Flameback Angel from Aquareef

some corals from Gelo

CUC-BS and CS, so far they are in harmony naman
rchitect
reefphilippines member

Re: Rchitect's 25gal Cube

Postby thurrmac » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:40 am

nice build... :D
i will not be surprised if this tank turns out
to be one of those goodlooking tanks in the future...
my questions lang, aside sa chaeto and LR whats else
do you have for filtration?? and para san yun
covering sa itaas?? looks like egg crates...
thurrmac
reefphilippines member

Postby Leica » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:55 am

Rchitect Welcome to the World of Reefing. Another tank na naman, goodluck sa hobby.
Yung Flameback Angel ba papi hindi nag-ninip ng corals mo?
Leica
reefphilippines member

Postby seth » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:19 am

Nice. :) Yung GSP siguradong kakalat in a few months time. Baka wala ka nang paglagyan ng ibang frags kapag kumapit na sila sa LR. hehe
Cheers,
Marty

seth
reefphilippines member

Postby potring » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:21 am

nice looking tank and LS looks promising, another one of those tank nakaabang -abang :)
potring
reefphilippines member

Postby rchitect » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:46 am

Many thanks for all the comments guys.

@thurrmac, for the mean time chaeto and LR ang nasa sump, i'm planning to setup a skimmer asap, and yes, those are eggcrates that act as my DT cover and somehow act as a light diffuser.

@Leica, so far bro well behave pa nman yun angel, i tried to keep it well fed para di nya pasinin corals :D

@seth yes tama ka dun bro, 'will try to manage and see how i can make the most out of the GSP

@potring many thanks!
rchitect
reefphilippines member

Rchitect's 25gal Cube

Postby jemzac » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:48 am

Nice rockscape :)
Can't stop staring there is always new :D
jemzac
reefphilippines member

Postby rchitect » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:23 pm

@jemzac many thanks! :)
rchitect
reefphilippines member

Postby redbaron81 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:12 pm

tank is looking good. ipuno na natin ng corals yan! :D
redbaron81
reefphilippines member

Postby rchitect » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:36 pm

Thanks bro RedB, hehehe wish ko lang mapuno agad, pero tila patience is the golden rule sa hobby na to. Enjoy muna natin coral hunt sa mga sponsors at LFS :lol:
rchitect
reefphilippines member

Postby Butterfly » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:03 pm

So beautiful.,just enjoy your hobby.
Butterfly
reefphilippines member

Postby seth » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:40 pm

@rchitect btw bro, how's the sea fan? If I am not mistaken, that is a non-photosynthetic species. It will need frequent daily feeding with prepared plankton to thrive. You may also want to attach it to the wall or on a higher rock as the sand may cause irritation to its polyps leading to necrosis.
Cheers,
Marty

seth
reefphilippines member

Postby rchitect » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:13 pm

@Butterfly, many thanks!

@seth, do you mean i need to remove it totally off from the sand? Please advise,
Currently its still doing well, i target feed it w powderized pellets and dissolved spirulina 2x a week during nightime when the featherlike pigments come out. Many thanks for the advise.
rchitect
reefphilippines member

Postby seth » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:33 pm

Yup, it would be better attached on rocks, with good flow and subdued lighting to avoid algae growth.

There is a risk of necrosis when detritus or silt accumulate on its branches, it does produce mucus to get rid of detritus but if the gorgonia is exposed frequently to detritus it may stress the coral.

Spirulina is good as it is small enough for the polyps to ingest. Powdered pellets are also good especially if the brand is rich in asthaxanthin and other natural pigments.

You could also feed it chlorella if you can get some and diluted yeast. I made a recipe for NPS corals (similar to fauna marin's) some years back for my friends' NPS tanks... let me see if I can find the recipe for you. :)

Oh and be careful with the phosphate buildup, combining NPS corals with SPS or LPS corals can be quite challenging.
Cheers,
Marty

seth
reefphilippines member

Postby rchitect » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:04 am

Many thanks Bro Marty! Please do send the recipe, appreciate it. Thanks again.
rchitect
reefphilippines member

Next

Return to Member Tanks