[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
reefphilippines.com • View topic - greggydm's 50 gal zero edge design Sps-Lps tank

greggydm's 50 gal zero edge design Sps-Lps tank

Post the details of your tank for everyone to see.

Postby Devicore16 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:43 pm

i love Salt!
Devicore16
reefphilippines member

Postby greggydm » Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:41 am

greggydm
reefphilippines member

Postby aquaboy » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:16 am

Love your tank.
aquaboy
reefphilippines member

Postby greggydm » Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:18 pm

greggydm
reefphilippines member

Postby aquaboy » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:40 pm

Love your tank.
aquaboy
reefphilippines member

Postby greggydm » Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:43 am

For about 2 weeks now my false perc 'Spot' has been hosting in my turbinaria(pagoda cup) at night when the lights are out!
Will this be bad for the coral?
Is he telling me to get him an anemone? :roll:
greggydm
reefphilippines member

Postby stannn_ » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:08 am

very nice! i love that false perc!
--| |--
--| |--
--||--
stannn_
reefphilippines member

Postby jackryan » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:00 am

yep, quite nice... i think he is your lucky fish! :wink:
JackRyan's 225G 6'x2'x2.5' Tank Project

jackryan

Postby Flexi2009 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:30 am

Last edited by Flexi2009 on Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Flexi2009
reefphilippines member

Postby greggydm » Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:21 am

Baby Bird's Nest!!!???

Just tonight when i was about to turn off my moonlights, i noticed this somewhat luminous green things that are growing all over the live rocks in my tank. Some weeks ago i thought that these were what i believed to be micro reddish-orange calcareous tube worms that grew all over my tank and that they were changing to a greenish color under actinic and led moonlights.
:)
But to my surprise upon closer inspection since they have grown bigger i noticed that their shape and color was very much like my green bird's nest.So i took my camera and you can see for yourself!! :!: :D

The first 4 pics were taken under actinic/led moonlights:

On the right is my green bird's nest and you can see the baby birds in the middle left with the white tips

on the right is a frag of the green nest and you can see the baby nests on the center left and bottom left of the pic with the white tips

on top is my pink nest and the babies are on the left edge of the rock

another pic

I was very excited so to make sure i took some pics with flash and i will post them later :!: :D
greggydm
reefphilippines member

Postby greggydm » Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:58 am

Some History of the tank:

A few days after i started posting my tank on May 25, what i thought was a tragedy happened to my tank. At around midnight when i was about to turn-off my moonlights i noticed that my tank was very cloudy with a whitish slime like liquid. I thought that something like a mushroom or a snail must have been mashed by my circ pump and made my tank very cloudy. It also smelled yucky but not foul and my skimmer was going nuts with white sperm-like skimmate.

So i turned-up the skimmer and attached the drain tube to a bigger container thinking that i have a lot to skim!! So i added activated carbon in the sump and went to sleep and upon waking up, the container was full of the white stuff but the tank water was more clearer by then.

About a week after i noticed these red-orange micro worm-like corals growing all over my tank. I noticed however that they did not close fast enough when you touch them. The polyps just slowly disappear and then open up again. They had a white calcareous body when the polyp is withdrawn(they only had 1 polyp per coral then).

So here are the pics taken with flash:

on top is my pink nest and the babies are on the tip of the liverock and allover!!

They really are more of the green type nest when under actinic and metal halide than when taken with flash.

Here again are pics of my nests:

green nest with pinkish/purplish polyps

my pink nest

I am really very surprised with what is happening and i don't know if bird's nest corals have been known to spawn and actually multiply this way in a reef tank :!: :?:

Do any of you guys know of this happening in a reef tank?
I'm a bit concerned about what will happen to these babies since there are maybe a hundred of them :!:

I also noticed that those that grew bigger(and branching out already) were under bright light and those that were dimly-lit are not growing as much and as fast.
:cry:
greggydm
reefphilippines member

Postby ASAN3.1416 » Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:51 am

22 gal AGA nano w/ ATS and Cheato
150 par 38 MH 20k
ASAN3.1416
reefphilippines supporter

Postby obet_carlos » Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:45 am

obet_carlos
reefphilippines supporter

Postby greggydm » Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:08 pm