[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
reefphilippines.com • View topic - Noob: 8 gallon aquarium

Noob: 8 gallon aquarium

If you are new to the hobby and would like to have some personalized attention, this is the forum to post your questions

Noob: 8 gallon aquarium

Postby Mhayzel » Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:49 am

Hi! I recently got an 8 gallon aquarium and decided to start a small saltwater aquarium. I currently have a maroon clownfish, a yellowtail damsel, a domino, a mandarin fish, an orange crab, a red and white stripped tiny shrimp, a crown of thorns starfish, 2 hard corals, a sponge, a scallop and an anemone, my first batch of 2 orange clownfish and a juvenile sweetlips died a couple of days ago. I was wondering if you can help me or give me tips on how to make my aquarium thrive. Appreciate your help and responses.
Mhayzel
reefphilippines member

Re: Noob: 8 gallon aquarium

Postby immortalbreaker » Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:09 am

1st thing you should do is have a proper cycling.

try to ask for help for local reefer near you.
Custom Tank (50gal water volume) - SOLD

Custom AIO - Current Tank
immortalbreaker
reefphilippines member

Postby Mhayzel » Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:35 am

Thank you for your reply. Will do that!
Mhayzel
reefphilippines member

Postby tulingan » Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:17 am

Hi Bro,

Maraming articles and links sa New To Hobby section. Take time to go through to answer the basic questions, at least.

My two cents:

1. Be patient, go slow.
2. For fish, coral, equipment, supplies, Research before buying. For example, know fish feeding and space requirements as well as compatibility with others.
3. A small tank may be too unforgiving. The bigger the water volume, the better..easier to keep parameters stable.
4. Test kit, hydrometer, quality saltmix, cycling and water change are just a few essentials
5. Read up and learn. 4 years into the hobby, I am still learning.

Hope these help.
tulingan
reefphilippines member

Postby Mhayzel » Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:26 pm

Thanks tulingan. Gift kasi sya so i just want to keep evertthing alive as possible.:-) btw my green gini started turning brown on some parts, is it sick?
Mhayzel
reefphilippines member

Return to New to the hobby