[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
reefphilippines.com • View topic - New to the Hobby: 17 Gallon Tank

New to the Hobby: 17 Gallon Tank

If you are new to the hobby and would like to have some personalized attention, this is the forum to post your questions

New to the Hobby: 17 Gallon Tank

Postby Celino » Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:36 pm

So I'm just starting out and I just want to make sure everything is going right, I'm planning to put Soft Corals in it someday and a couple Clown Fish and few Snails and Shrimp

About My Tank

(I don't know what proper term I should use for this, since I'm still very new to this)

Well I got a 17-20ish Gallon Tank?? (Length is 19 Inches, Height is 20+ Inches, Width is 16 inches and It has been divided so it can have a SUMP? or a sort of filtration to it (IDEK) that took 4 inches from the initial Width)
I have put 11 Kilos of Live Rocks and 9 Kilos of Sand
and used Natural Sea Water on it, Got it from a shop named DLDB?
Lighting will be two 8 watts White T5 and two Blue T5 (I don't have the budget for the LED anyways)
I also have a RESUN sk-300 Protein Skimmer

--------------------------------------

The Cycling started on August 7 2014

and had it's water tested today

8/12/2014
Ammonia is 0.25
Nitrate is 40
Nitrite is 0

I will keep posting on my progress every week

I hope you guys will guide me.... Thank you
Celino
reefphilippines member

Re: New to the Hobby: 17 Gallon Tank

Postby yose_ » Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:48 pm

Pics would be helpful bro para massess namin setup mo. :)
The more you learn, the more you realize how much you don't know.
yose_
reefphilippines member

Postby Zen Keeper » Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:11 pm

What test kit did you use bro? Where you able to also test phosphate,calcium, and alk?
"The world’s finest wilderness lies beneath the waves …"
Zen Keeper
reefphilippines member

Postby Celino » Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:33 am

I'm using the API Test kit... and none yet.. Though Hopefully I can get those test kit by next week...

and I will Post some pics Tomorrow ^u^
Celino
reefphilippines member

Postby obet_carlos » Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:38 am

IMO, you dont need test kits for Ca and Alk if your taking care of softies and LPS. your corals dont use these much so WC is enough to replenish this. Save yourself the money.

Pics would be nice.

Do you have a wavemaker?
What will be you filtration (skimmer, macroalgae, ats, etc.)?

maybe those lights would be enough (not sure though).
obet_carlos
reefphilippines supporter

Postby Celino » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:28 pm

Okay, As of now I don't have wave maker, Maybe I can get one next week, and As of now I have a skimmer...

Ohh Here's the pic.. I apologize if it's a bit blurred.. My hands are really shaky...

Celino
reefphilippines member

Postby Celino » Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:43 pm

Week Two

Ammonia 0 ppm
Nitrite 0 ppm
Nitrate 5.0ppm

I Think I Can finally put some fish in the Aquarium
Celino
reefphilippines member

Return to New to the hobby